Gaming and general day to day.

Mostly gaming, and some other things that make you ponder...

Monday 15 November 2010

Xbox LIVE: Are the good days over?

iTz L1v3 Bruvv
Now, I'm not one for moaning or complaining about things but one thing has really got to me and that is...How much Xbox LIVE has changed, not how Microsoft have edited or modified it, but what I mean is the PEOPLE who play it. I've had my Xbox 360 since 2007 and LIVE at that time was popular don't get me wrong but it was somewhat less ...intrusive? (even with the arse mouthed Yanks). I could turn on my Xbox and play a game of Call of Duty or Gears of War and have a fair honest game with other fair honest gamers, now you may disagree but those days are long gone.

It seems you have to be awesome at a game or in the language of the 13 year old pre pubescents "ItZ pr0 b34stttt". The whole purpose of the online game experience is to play fair? no?

I recently acquired CoD: Black Ops (as you may know), and in a game of TDM I finished with the lovely old score of 7 kills - 12 deaths ...(shoot me down in flames if you must)  but it's a new game ;) and after the game finshed I recieved a message from  an iTz Jo33y 97, << that implies he's 13! saying...

"wow m8 u r shit" ...And I couldnt help but think to myself..."really?, really?" is someone that determined to go out of their way to purpously try and sabotage gameplay? and what's funny is that the majority of kids on LIVE  aren't old enough to play the games, and also if confronted with the real concept of Aghanistan they would actually defficate in their age 11 -12 Ben 10 briefs.

Now...I personally believe that ALL this is caused by Microsoft making Xbox's more available to the public, which is understandable for a multinational corporation. But ever since the adverts "Xbox 360: now from £109:99!" more illiterate and uneducated childrfen have polluted my console. Now you may think I sound like a middle class chauncer complaining of commoners but I'm not! I was 15 when I got my Xbox and I saved for a whole year to get it! (and it's still going strong! ;) ), but now these kids are getting consoles dirt cheap and making gameplay for REAL players completely shit. If you're in an argument with someone on LIVE (not that the mute button doesn't help) it's was all about the wise cracking comebacks and swift put downs (ah the good old days) but now it's "Your mum!" "alalalalalala you sound like a fockin fock! you fock!" personally in my opinion there should be an age limit for LIVE users that is strictly enforced so people can enjoy it how it used to be. or just make them expensive so pikey urchins won't dominate my gameplay.

I HAVE SPOKEN.

3 comments:

  1. Problem is Mikey that they set up there profile and they're all set as 18 year olds allowing them to do anything, the parents don't care - give them a console, shut them up. I know for a fact that if I was talking the trash some of these kids are at the age of 13 my mum woulda smacked me into next week.

    It's just a simple case of join a game, mute everyone, recieve messages. Delete and continue game.

    Good post though, completely agree. This is also another reason why PC gaming is, in my opinion, superior - the community is brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yehhhhh mikey, I agree aswell. The days of gears of war were definately the best.

    All kids on live are wankshafts. Which is why I must agree with jon. Pc gaming has a much better community and because a decent headset touches 80 pounds, pikeys can't speak. Only type ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been a console gamer, luckily there is a mute button but it only does so much :/ but I shouldn't diss the entire LIVE frontier it has it's fun moments...I might invest in a PC sooner or later ;)

    ReplyDelete