Gaming and general day to day.

Mostly gaming, and some other things that make you ponder...

Saturday 6 November 2010

Sasquatch in Red Dead? Good or Bad?

I didnt kill him...did you?

A long time ago back in 2004, a young Mikey only 12 years old on a cold christmas morning was purchased the game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and still to this day I believe that was the best game ever made (say what you want) and after about 2 years of CONSTANT playing completing every possible challenge and side missions, many rumours arised about myths and legends of the San Andreas containing creepy and unknown characters in locations, many including Ghost Cars...Confirmed, Crazy ass easter eggs...Confirmed, Leatherface...*ahem* no and the big one...Sasquatch! which Rockstar said wasn't in the game but I still kept looking and after 5 years I gave up :(

BUT! In October of 2010 the epic game that is Red Dead Redemption released a DLC called "Undead Nightmare" which practically turned the Western Frontier into a George. A. Romero flick. (It's awesome by the way) and in this DLC Rockstar controversially added into the game my best friend SASQUATCH! and even gave him his big break in a side mission! Sounds good yes? NO! In this horrible mission (http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Birth_of_the_Conservation_Movement) you have to hunt and kill not one but SIX Sasquatches :( and in the end *spoiler alert* you have an emotional stand off with the last remaining Sasquatch who claims he is not evil and has been mistaken by humans, after this cut scene you have the choice to kill or leave him.

I was horrified at this, after all those years hunting around the dark forests of San Andreas for up to FIVE years looking and now he is included you have to (excuse my French) FUCKING KILL HIM :( It's terrible, I didn't kill him, But after research on the web I found that if you do or you dont he will still respawn and keep doing so, so that aint' so bad but if you have RDR: UN remember what gamers like myself have been through in finding our furry friend and think to yourself "No, I'm going keep him alive, because hairy 8ft ape men are nice"


No comments:

Post a Comment