Gaming and general day to day.

Mostly gaming, and some other things that make you ponder...

Monday 2 May 2011

It's Over... (Black Ops Eulogy Rant)


Ladies, Gentlemen, Boy and Girls I would like to announce the termination of my Black Ops career it was April 27th at around 2pm that I traded with a wise noble known as HMV my copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops, in exchange for 20 of the shiniest pounds in their possession and to be honest do I regret it? DO I HELL? I'm now going to explain what in Gods name went wrong.

It was November 2010, I was young, delirious an...(Ok I'll stop with this voice that you're reading in a 1940's war documentary narrator style) I bought Black Ops because basically its CoD! You HAVE to buy it merely because you're a gamer. And the year before BOps was Modern Warfare 2 which in everyones eyes was terrible (in a summary) but Black Ops was different, different in a way that I would physically enrage at it. The campaign was good as with every other CoD installment but I'd say less than 20% of the online was fair or fun.

The weapons are f***** up with some being grossly overpowered than others, the spawning system looks like it was constructed by an ape and the server connectivity is about as useful as a Stephen Hawking workout DVD. I never thought I'd say this about not only a Call of Duty game but even a game in general ...I hate Call of Duty Black Ops...and I believe many other people will agree, in fact a shocking amount of people will agree, it has shaken my belief in the Call of Duty series and I may not even buy Modern Warfare 3 in November because of it. But I put a lot of emphasis on the "May" i just said, I know for certain I am not buying any other game made by Treyarch even if they give me one for free. Now I'm well within 'Mikey Rant Mode' and you're probably thinking at the moment "Jesus! Mikey?! he was always a fun, calm character!" not today friends.

Treyarch let 'Game of the year 2010' and 'Fastest Selling Game' get to their massive heads and completely gave up on the real people who play their games, they "patched" problems with it but in all honesty f*** all changed, Treyarch impressed me back in 2008 when they made World at War it was different but fun, not this time round, now I will always praise the campaign of Black Ops it was very good indeed and if you're a person who plays FPS's purely for the campaign then please buy Black Ops but if you like online play then don't stray anywhere near it because quite literally you will rip your own face off in sheer anger.

Thank you and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment