Gaming and general day to day.

Mostly gaming, and some other things that make you ponder...

Friday 29 April 2011

Portal 2: My Review


Bongiourno everybody, don't ask why I'm speaking Italian it was something to go off on, but let's get stuck in eh? PORTAL 2! and my review!

Now Portal made by Valve who yes are more PC orientated but when it comes any release they don't let us down, I mean Half life, Portal 1 and the massively successful Left 4 Dead series, and with Portal's new installment they did fail to impress. Now I didn't play the first Portal much in fact I never actually owned the game, I borrowed it a few times from a friend and never got round to completing it. So I was pondering before Portal 2's release whether to buy it just because I might not have had any idea what was going on, but I went forward and purchased and it and to be honest it was f****** awesome!

Not only is it deadly serious and well within the sci-fi genre it's also hilariously fun, right from the start I was hooked and Stephen Merchant as the clutz Wheatley, aswell as it being one of those games where it's annoying but in the good way, there were some parts when I had no idea what to do but I wouldn't give up.


Now here is a screenshot of one of the 3 surface gels featured in the game, the blue is "Repulsion Gel" which makes you jump really high, an orange which is "Propulsion Gel" which makes you all Speedy Gonzalez like and the white "conversion gel" which makes surfaces suitable for a portal to be placed. All of which are really fun to use, sometimes you get side tracked and just mess around like I did.

But the campaign was superb and always intriguing and full of humour, and I'm not going to reveal any spoilers but the ending was superb! but I'll leave that one with you, overall it is a very good game and I would recommend it for anyone wanting a challenge, One small problem I felt was the length of the game if it was longer it would be brilliant, but games of this nature have to have a lot of time put into the development. I haven't got round to the co op yet but from other online reviews it looks like it won't disappoint, when I do I'll post another blog about it :) but my overall score for Portal 2 is... 9/10 :)


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment