Gaming and general day to day.

Mostly gaming, and some other things that make you ponder...

Tuesday 22 March 2011

Upcoming Games March 2011

I just read that I last posted on here on February 28th so I've been lazy! So no time for small talk! I've been looking through pages and news sites of upcoming games this year, and to be honest we are in for super treats! Now at this precise moment (March 18th 22:13pm) my gaming life has fizzled out for a while, I'm BORED basically! I can't look at Black Ops anymore it just enrages me to even glance at the case, and all my classics (The games I just wont get rid of) are wearing off. So I haven'y been on the ol' LIVE for some time, just been on GTA: San Andreas which never gets boring. So yes! I or if you agree "we" are at a boring time for gaming. So here are a few of the upcoming games for 2011 that I literally CANNOT wait for. let's get starrrtteeed.



L.A. Noire


Yes! A Rockstar game! So no disappointment for us on May 20th when this badman comes out, It's been in development for 6 years! (typical Rockstar) But from looking at the trailer on YouTube this game looks IMMENSE the graphics are almost 100% perfect and the gameplay isn't just your usual GTA Clone style it's riddled with strategic ways to create your own story and for the first time ever you play as a cop! So you're one of the good guys. The game is set in 1940's Los Angeles and is based around the "Noire" genre (Dark, shadowy film effects) which give it a mysterious feel to solving crimes. In my own opinion this game hasn't even been released yet and it's awesome. I can see it having the same effect as Red Dead Redemption which was released last year and it blew all of us away, I can't imagine being let down here at all. This game will definitely fall into my "classics" list.



Dead Island


ZOMBIES ARGHHHRUGH! Ah another Post Apocalyptic survival game to add to our collection! Now over the past few years, since Left 4 Dead was released the gaming community has suffered from "Zombie Fever" (not literally) and having mostly zombie style add ons for games (Nazi Zombies, Undead Nightmare, That Saints Row one?) and to be honest we love it! Now I haven't heard much about Dead Island but I know that it's set to be released later this year and with no sign of a Left 4 Dead 3 on the horizon it looks like the best option, the game focuses around mainly using melee weapons and not overpowered firearms, basically it's realistic! a trailer was released which makes it even more exciting. It's set on a tropical island highlighting that it may have a sandbox style to it, I would write more but very little information has been released.


DiRT 3


Now...I'm not usually a fan of the old racing games they all seem to be repetitive drivel (no offence) I had Forza Motorsport a few years back and it bored the crap out of me, But I also had both DiRT and DiRT 2 and they were really fun! Mainly because Rally driving is more intense and entertaining than driving round a figure 8 for 13 laps, And of course its the game of the Late Great Colin McRae Rest in Peace! I was more than impressed with DiRT 2 and personally I think it recieved a bad press I just hope on May 24th DiRT 3 gets the recognition it deserves.


Saints Row: The Third



The Row is back! And judging by sneaky previews even more badass than before! Now in this era of "GTA Clones" Saints Row fell way within that category, but to be honest nobody really cares, nobody cares if a game is "like GTA" what people do care about is "is it fun!?" and judging by the previous two installments YES...YES IT BLOODY IS. To be honest in my opinion and judge me if you will, Saints Row story modes aren't exactly award winning material and it's sort of far fetched in a cheesy/mediocre way, but that is not the point! the point is you can play Saints Row for hours on end like I did when I was 15 until 5am merely because it was fun! and the cheat mode was stuff of legends! and I cannot wait for SR3 I'll give the campaign a go but the general camaraderie makes me impatient, I will be "Addicted to tha Row!"


Far Cry 3



Oh YES, it's confirmed, it's on it way, it's awesome! Far Cry 3! Scheduled for later this year the sequel to 2008's Far Cry 2 is set to be quite the smash, The Far Cry series has always has a little but yet loyal following (that I am definitely part of)the reason why it's so appealing (to me anyway) is the fact you can explore! you don't have to stick to the storyline, and it's not like your usual repetitive FPS crap you get these days, it's gritty and unorthodox just the way we like it, and if the map making mode was awesome in 2008 what is it going to be like this year, I for one cannot wait for this, I've already re-bought FC2 just to get in the mood! even if it's 6 months before the release ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment