Gaming and general day to day.

Mostly gaming, and some other things that make you ponder...

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Modern Warfare 3: Taking "From bad to worse" to a New Level.


Evening all! Now before I get started I just need to clarify it has been a RIDICULOUS amount of time since I last posted on here, literally 8 months or something? Yeah sorry about that. But I'm back! and I'm sure everyone has missed my glorious pessimism and general heartlessness (heh) But I'm back with a returning post today in my usual fashion of complaining, (but hey I'm British it's in my very nature to be a moody b******) So I'll begin.

Modern Warfare 3, the very name shakes me to the core, I ever did a review on here but I don't think I needed to to be honest, general public opinion is completely divided. You've got the players who've been playing CoD since the beginning back in 2006 (myself) and the n3wb5! Now if you've been playing Call of Duty for more than 5 years I can guarantee you hate MW3, and if you only got an Xbox at Christmas I bet you love it. Now before I start engaging full rant mode I ca come up with a summary of MW3 and that is...It is not a good game.

It was released last November and even before I bought a copy I knew I was going to hate it, I just had to buy it because everyone else did (consumerism at it's finest) Now Call of Duty single player when compared to multiplayer is a bit like comparing he music of Mozart and Nicki Minaj...they are completely different and you shouldn't just one of them by your view of the other. But in this case, and scarily enough the campaign of Modern Warfare 3 was just...ok. It was repetitive, and the same ol' same ol' but as a story it was impressive enough. But the big one, the top dog is the multiplayer and quite frankly ever since my first game on it I have hated MW3 multiplayer ever since. Now one cause is not Infinity Ward's fault and that is the new influx of new players to the Xbox and by "New Players" I mean "Little f****** who have single handedly ruined Xbox Live" but that's another subject. Infinity Ward have overblown the game online, there is too much happening, there is too much to keep in time with. The simple life of a FPS online is long gone my friends. So in my usual aggressive/pessimistic way I have listed all the faults with the game online.

1. Overpowered weapons (SMG's)

Now the submachine gun, a small compact little thing that is good for removing target at close range, they usually have a small ammo supply and don't have necessarily a lot of power. But in MW3 they are a portable thermonuclear weapon! You can have an SMG and kill someone from across a map with less than 5 bullets. leaving the assault rifle to collect dust in the armoury, why carry a heavy assault weapon around when you can have an automatic water pistol that weighs the same as Victoria Beckham.

2. Machine pistols. (FMG9)

Now machine pistols were introduced in MW2 back in 09' and it was a risky maneuver, making the handgun completely obsolete. It was catering for people who are unable to fire single shot weapons...Noobs basically. But in MW3 the preferred weapon of these skill-less, game ruiners is the FMG9 now on it's own as a side arm, it's just a fast firing SMG but the craze these days is using it akimbo (two of em') which makes you Robocop or some s***. You can win a firefight with these little s**** against almost anything, an SMG, an assault rifle...a rocket launcher, you name it. And have IW tried doing anything about it? ...Have they bollocks.

3. Lag compensation.

Now a first for MW3 is lag compensation, basically it means if you have a good connection and other players don't it gives them an advantage in the game. Which sounds as fair as saying Hitler was a nice guy. If you have a bad connection THAT'S YOUR OWN F****** FAULT, don't take it out on me. Now I have a good connection to games which means lag compensation is always against me. So now I tell my sister to stream music when I'm online so then I can have an advantage. This game is falling apart from within...it's every an for himself out there.

4. Spawning system.

Now the CoD series and any other FPS is going to encounter some sort of problem with their spawn system...it's inevitable and perfectly understandable, humans are more unpredictable than a computer and that's cool. But MW3 is different, it's as if the spawning system on it has been constructed by an orangutan with down's syndrome. In other game syou may spawn and then maybe 5 - 6 seconds later you get killed. Boo hoo. wrong place, wrong time. But on MW3 i have have this problem maybe 10 -15 times in a row. It's a mixture of me spawning when enemies know I'm there, or spawning an enemy when I don't know they are there. I can guarantee without a shadow of a doubt in every game I play online I WILL be spawn killed. And yet again have Infinity Ward done anything about...HELL TO THE NO.

5. Terrible Maps.

Now every FPS game has maybe 1 or 2 maps your'e not too fond of and that's cool as well but out of the 12 online maps on MW3 I'm saying at least 6 of them are completely s****. The layout, the building locations are just ridiculous. But I've got to hand it to them the maps are very black and white, you either love them or hate them, a bit like Marmite (which is strange because I think Marmite is just "ok")



...Buuut anyway that concludes my rant (and a half) on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, I had to make it a long one because I haven't posted in so long! So I hope you enjoyed my harsh harsh words but feel free to leave a comment with your own opinions.

Mikey.

No comments:

Post a Comment